Sunday, October 4, 2009

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #4

This is the new challenge at Let's Get Shabby #4 Julie has created this sketch for the challenge and the requirement is to use this sketch and a vintage photo or embellishment. This is my take on the challenge. About 12 years ago I made doll clothes for the American Girl Dolls 18". The lace I used was from my stash that I collect to add to the doll clothes. I tea dyed the lace in the corner and added the cameo button. The paper is basic grey Stella Ruby. The picture I scanned from a photo I have hanging in my room.

If you look close the pattern paper is a fake! LOL I couldn't bare to use the original from the sewing pattern so, I made my own. I cut a piece from the plastic bags you get at the grocery store and traced the pattern piece on it. Same for the little bow on the bottom right corner of the picture and you have to look close to see the old fashion sewing machine charm. I did take a piece of the original paper and gather it together to put behind the flower. I made the flower from a ruffled lace and added the old fashion snap made in England for the center.

Here is a closer look and you can see I also, took wire ribbon folded it in half pulled the wire to create the leaves. Place the lace collar behind the fake pattern piece added the zipper, straight pin and prima flower.
Thanks for looking.
Hugz, Z

17 comments:

  1. You are too clever Z!!! This page is gorgeous! I think this is your best yet...ooops. I think I say that after every page you create...I love them ALL!!!!
    It's our birthday MONTH girl...go out and celebrate everyday, don't wait until next year!!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Zandra.....I love what you have done with the pattern and the plastic bag...very clever and I love your flower with the little snap fastener for it's centre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooooo creative!! I love your explanation how you created your page!!! Just beautiful!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is so beautiful!!
    LOVE your flowers and all details! That photo is GREAT!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love what you have done! ANd I love the fact that you used a plastic bag to make the pattern! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great love it. thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beautiful work, lovely details

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning, I love the flowers you have used, oooh so nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zandra, whoa what a great lo!!! Boy u put alot of work into this lo & it shows!!! luv all the great details!!!!
    Thanks 4 playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zandra, great take on the challenge. I've not got one done yet, BUT, I have received the yummy parcel from you today. Thanks so very much!!!! I am chuffed to bits with it and thank you again for such generosity.......It made my day!!!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page, love all your beautiful details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!
    Gorgeous page!!! Love how you used the sewing pattern!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous, Zandra!! I love how you make most of the embellishment yourself!! Very creative!!

    And thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work love the photo and nice details.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous page! I love the little piece of pattern, clever how you made that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! How clever! It turned out gorgeous Zandra! I love the details! ;)

    ReplyDelete